Measured information by sensors is often corrupted by noise and disturbance in nature, by data processing units such as quantizer, or even by malicious external attacks. But, in order to construct resilient control systems, some kind of robustness in the state estimator needs to be introduced.
In the first part of this talk, beginning with the notion of input-to-state stability (ISS), we discuss robust observers and a tool for characterizing them based on a variant of ISS, quasidisturbance-to-error stability. In the second part, we discuss a design of observers for switched systems, which may pave the way to secure estimation under malicious attack to the measurement sensors.
The presentation is organized in a tutorial manner, and the graduate students are welcome to attend.
Disturbance Observer, Synchronization and Consensus, Switched Systems and Estimation Problems , Nonlinear Observers, Output Feedback Stabilization, Stability Analysis, Biological Dynamics and Control, Parallel Feedforward Compensator, Control Methodologies
Awards and Honors
- IEEE Senior Member, 2014
- Ko Myung Sam Scientific Award, Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (ICROS), 2012
- Kwon Wook Hyun Young Researcher Award, Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (ICROS), 2009
- Science & Technology Paper Award, Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies, 2009
- Paper Awards, Korean Conference on Information and Control Systems, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Excellent Teaching Awards, College of Engineering, Seoul National Univ., 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011
- Paper Award from Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 2008
- Outstanding Reviewer Award for the year 2006, Automatica
- Semi-plenary Invited Speaker, IFAC NOLCOS, Pretoria, South Africa, 2007
- Best Paper Award, SICE-ICCAS Joint Conference, Busan, Korea, 2006
- One of five finalists for Student Best Paper Contest, American Control Conference, Chicago, 2000
- Bronze Prize, Samsung Humantech Thesis Contest, Seoul, 2000
- Distinguished Dissertation Awards, School of Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, 2000
- Best Paper Award of Poster Session, 4th SIAM Conference on Control and Its Applications, Florida, 1998
- Young Researcher Supporting Fund, Korea Research Foundation, 1998